I WANT ONE!
Another Picnic Table
Wouter Nieuwendijk and Jair Straschnow teamed up to challenge the traditional picnic table that provided easier access at the table and with a flip of the seat it converts into a comfortable lounge chair.
Found on The Fox is Black
I think Facebook is going to get pretty… and in some respects its about time. The network has always had a somewhat harsh UI. Also I love the way Facebook buys companies.. they could care less about your product they buy the talent and thinking.
I know this might be a shock but this actually generates higher readership! CTR’s go up not just on ads but on story, its limiting blank space and providing relevant value. The comment section of the website is a huge plus.
via i.imgur.com & Reddit
And that’s just how it is.
Kid, your job is to fill up the space around the advertisements.
Too many lists on the Internet.
Coca-Cola is an extremely stable brand… Pepsi has a long line of brand alterations. Does this make a difference at the sales counter?
Do you pick a soft-drink biased on Brand or Price?
Does the logo effect how you feel about it?
Source: Flickr / silviostefano
There is something amazing inviting about this space… Simple is difficult to pull off but its also amazing when it works!
True in Design, Business, Websites, and experiences!
Optimize your landing page in 12 steps… This is super useful if you are designing a web page for your business. When talking redesigns take a close look at these 12 steps
- One Page per source- Use a unique page for each traffic source (ie Ads)
- A/B Testing: Test pages against each other different copy etc. Always inprove
- Ad Message Reach: Match copy to Specific Ads you are running
- Context of Use: Show your product or service in real life
- Videos to Increase Conversation: This one goes without saying… use richer media **Dont autostart ever**
- Directional Cues: Use arrows, color, contrast to direct users.
- Data vs. Conversion: Every box you add reduces the odds of completion… keep forms short simple and sweet!
- Edit Ruthlessly: Cut the amount of text down as much as possible… Say it in 5 words not 10
- Trust Social Proof:Show live social streams and testimonials if possible
- Enable Sharing: Sharing is free advertising why wouldn’t you do it?
- One Page One Purpose: I have a rule if you try to do or say 2 things you say/do nothing.
- Post-Conversion Marketing: Enable feedback/ encourage future contact and opt-ins after conversion
Making Future Magic
Adaptive Systems.. aka Adaptive Websites
If you build a website for consumers that can only be viewed in one way on one way you are going to need to redesign within a few years. With the growth of the mobile web these are going to be important principles going forward. B2B probably has a long end out before these “adaptive issues” become a concern. B2C’s don’t panic if you don’t fit this right now, but I would start socking away some cash to make your website adaptive.