“Here are the 15 facts you should know on how people view websites.
- Text attracts more attention than pictures.
- People start viewing your website from the top left corner.
- Readers ignore banners. Surprise, suprise.
- Fancy fonts are ignored.
- People only scan the lower parts of your website.
- Short paragraphs work better than long ones.
- Ads, that are placed on the top or left part of your website, get the most views.
- Ads, that are placed inside or below an awesome piece of content, get more views.
- Big pictures attract more attention than small ones.
- Also headlines draw attention.
- Visitors spend more time looking at menus and buttons than other parts of your website.
- Lists are better at keeping your reader focused than large paragraphs.
- Some people even completely ignore large chunks of text.
- White space is good!
- Menu works best when placed on the top part of your website.”